Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gone Fishin'
















Today's theme for Texture Tuesday was to take a photo from the natural world and use one or more of Kim Klassen's textures on the image.  Here's my original photo:
















The textures I used were "Cool Grunge," normal 50% (erased over the pier), and "I am", multiply 25%.  I also added text - lyrics from a Louis Armstrong song.  Then I remembered that our theme for this week's Collage Obsession is "fish" or "fishing."  Could I use the same picture?  I wasn't sure if adding a couple textures, and text, was enough to qualify as a collage, so I gave that a bit of thought....















During my recent visit to the Aquarium, I'd taken this photo of some very active fish.  Obviously, what my fishing pier needed was a multitude of fish!  Here's the result:
















Yes, I know it's silly, but I'm okay with that!

12 comments:

Pepper Cory said...

This one is cool--love the fishes at the bottom!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Great pic -- I love how you processed it. Visiting from Texture Tuesday.

Danielle said...

Are you kidding?! That is sooooo NOT silly....it is genius....I love it!!! Very cool. Gotta figure out how to do that! Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Paula said...

This is just way too cool! I love love love what you did with those fish!

Cherie said...

LOVE the pier shot! Great job on the textures. Your fish are fun!

Pink Tree Studio said...

How fun! Don't you just love combining images? Thanks for visiting my blog today :~)

Eila A said...

Jean, I love your fishing collage! The photo is great, and adding the big fish gives it a fantastic surreal touch. Thank you for participating in the challenge! P.S. My fish atcs are atc size before opening.

Becs said...

Great job. Love your use of texture and the addition of fish!

Lynne said...

Textures and fish are both fantastic.

Kaylene said...

Love your edits and sometimes a photographs can stand on its own as a piece of art. Cheers

Robin said...

This turned out so cool with the Aquarium fishies at the bottom!!
Great job.

Kathy said...

Love the shot, texture and quote! I really love the collage version too...a bit silly and out of proportion, but that's what makes it unique and fun! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog.

Capture Life,
Kathy